Nov 7, 2007

Impersonator! [Feedback version]

Impersonator! was posted by Nadine Dorries on Tuesday, 6 November 2007 at 22:37

Readers of this website are invited to comment on this entry here, as they are not permitted to do so at Nadine Dorries' half-a-blog.

Impersonator!

It appears that someone has sent a comment to a blog site in my name, except they got the spelling wrong and almost my email address! The only reason I know this is because I know the person who owns the site and they thought it was an odd comment from me -and they know that I know how to spell my own name.

This brings home even more to me how the culture of commenting on blogs without any checks or verification is questionable, when anyone can say anything they want.

If I ever start to accept comments again, I would want to put in place some kind of 'registration', so that I had details of the people leaving comments and knew who they were.

5 comments:

Tim said...

In 'mirror' posts such as this, I want to keep comments from myself completely detached from the content, so this goes here:

Personally, I'd like to see some evidence.

Garry said...

Drat, you got there before me. I'd quite like to have seen evidence of this too.

ian said...

Presumably some kind of 'registration' would involve us giving our 'details' to that 'empty vessel' Nadine 'dorries'?

Emily Patterson-Kane said...

Curiouser and curiouser.

Emily Patterson-Kane said...

"so that I had details of the people leaving comments and knew who they were"

It's called an ISP address. Or perhaps she has something more like a digital national identity card in mind....